Hulk Smash

Hulk Smash

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cosplay Might Be Better


Jamie Foxx has been cast to play Maxwell Dillion in the sequel to the Amazing Spider-man. While the movie was fun but mediocre and full of glaring flaw's like the need to have Parker take off the mask to talk. The studios have now ensured that I won't pay to see this movie.

Sure I already complained about Kurse's casting in Thor the Dark World. Hopefully he will be in a mask and it won't be a glaring mistake , given the nature of the dark elf make up we have seen so far he might be engulfed in latex. While Marvel has been guilty of trying to pander to being Politically correct in its Ultimate universe which in its more realistic design the movies have been barrowing from. I don't mind this Becuase it's not happening in actual continuity. I have no emotional connection to Electro I can appreciate they are bringing different Gillians to the screen than the Sam Rami films and truth be told I prefer the shocker over electro because electro's costume lookings like a St. Patty's court jester. It's safe to say we won't sera very faithful reproduction of that on screen and I'm fine with that, I'm fine with him being comprised of entirely of electricity and cgi. This might be the only redeemable way to handle this if Foxx was just doing the voice work.

But in essence it's the principal of pandering to the public, there are plenty of black characters they could use if the want Spider man to have a more diverse range of ethic Villians, Tombstone is black or the Tarntula if they wanted a Hispanic villian, the BLack KIngpin in Daredevil wasn't the worst part of that movie, with Clarke Dead that character recast would work as the Maggia would be a more interesting story with Slivermane, Hammerhead, the Enforcers and the Rose works for me. Instead I'm afraid of what we get so don't expect this joke to get any coverage of its production and with the Superior Spider- man coming out and major changes for the character teased, I expect another clone saga worthy tarnishing of who Marvel claims to be their Flagship character.

One thing about Nolan aside from Bane not being Hispanic , the Villians remained in their comicbook states, Marvel could stand to learn from this as the Villians are where the movies seem to suffer, none have been great aside from Maneto after him Dafoe come the closet, but we have had a tepid Dr. Doom, Senastian Shaw , Sand man and Emma Frost, though she was hot which pushed January Jones into an o.k place but the horrid ranks of Venom, Bullseye, Jigsaw, Whiplash, and Abomination is where this Electro is going to fall. As cosplayers are gaining more notice in geek culture which is quickly becoming the new pop culture , I think the fans want to see the characters as they are in the comics and if they can get it right why can't the studios or is Comic Con going to be the only place to goin you want to see the character depicted as they Re intended. I'm sure people might view my indignation as racism, I just see it as realism . After all these are characters I have grown up with and know them as they have appeared I. The comics I have been reading for the past thirty years, I see it like as if a black man walked into my house claiming to be my friend Aaron , I would kill him I self defmese for breaking and entering after I tortured him to find out what he did with the real Aaron, so Marvel don't send the studios into my house pulling this kind of a stunt and while Electro doesn't matter to me by allowing you to think we are o.k with this means by giving and inch you will end up taking a mile and one day try to send a black Bruce Banner to my house which will end badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment